In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1he's/she's a single parent — es un padre/una madre que cría a su(s) hijo(s) sin pareja
- before noun single-parent family — familia monoparental
- A household containing one parent, children, and no other adult was considered a single-parent family.
- He grew up in a single-parent home in a tough area of Virginia Beach and didn't meet his father until two years ago.
- Mothers also shoulder the greater burden among single-parent families.
- I think we should look at the single-parent households, both male and female, and how to remove barriers.
- Alternative models of family, including a matrifocal family or a single-parent household, are rendered pathological.
- For single-parent families, we included subjects who had data for at least half of the items pertaining to the present parent.
- The step-family may solve the poverty risks that haunt the single-parent family.
- Even if you were raised in a single-parent family, you'll have learnt from the relationships your parent was in, or developed expectations about what being alone is like.
- Joycelyn lives in a single-parent home and her mom works and parties a lot.
- Low rates of child support among single-parent families indicated a failure of parental responsibility.
- Mills grew up on a council estate in Bow, east London, an only child in a single-parent family.
- I could not help but think that they were not only insulting same-sex parented families but also single-parent families.
- The typical female offender comes from a single-parent home in which other family members have been incarcerated.
- I grew up in a single-parent family, and my mother's very liberal.
- Britain has the highest proportion of children being brought up in single-parent households in Europe.
- Young women who have children out of wedlock are much less likely to marry as they age and much more likely to bring up their children in a single-parent family.
- She said the 16-year-old was a bright student, but from a poor single-parent family.
- He was from a single-parent family, with his mother raising three on her own in very rural Oklahoma.
- It was uncommon to be a single-parent family in those days.
- In single-parent families or families where both parents are at sea, the children are signed over to a guardian.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.