In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1sistema de voto único transferible masculinevoto único transferible masculine
- The 108-member assembly is elected using the single transferable vote, a system of proportional representation.
- The system for allocating chairs will be based on an electoral system based on the single transferable vote and if all else fails, then lots will be drawn.
- Representatives are elected through proportional representation with a single transferable vote.
- Professor Black, who has been clinical vice president of the college for the past three years, took 1803 of the 4193 votes cast by single transferable vote for 11 candidates.
- He has never made any secret of the fact that he and his colleagues feel very strongly about the single transferable vote as an electoral option.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.