1(protest)sentada femininesitin masculine Mexico
- In Manchester, where 3,000 pupils participated in the strike, 14 students were arrested when they staged a sit-down in the city.
- He was eventually forced to back off by demonstrations and sit-downs.
- There were protests and sit-downs in the universities and colleges of Dublin, Belfast and Waterford.
- Fortunately for those of us whose creaky old knees have not been near a demo in decades, the sit-down lasts only a minute and the march moves peacefully towards its climax in George Square.
- The Paris demonstration started from the Gare du Nord rail station, where demonstrators staged a sit-down in the street before moving off.
- Over 70 protesters staged sit-downs outside the gates of the nuclear dockyard in Plymouth last Saturday.
- An impromptu march included several sit-downs, blocking of roads and a lobby of the constituency office.
- We should demonstrate in our communities, with regular vigils or marches in every small or large town, even sit-downs in appropriate places.
- Chris knew Freddie was always getting involved in some sort of walk or sit-down or demonstration.
2British(rest)I must just have a sit-down, I'm exhausted — tengo que sentarme un rato, estoy agotado
- A cup of tea and a sit-down will be more beneficial than a 10-mile run.
- Shelly fixed me up, claiming I should take a five-minute sit-down, but I wasn't about to risk getting yelled at again.
- A little sit-down with a bottle of cola will be fantastic.
- But that was the only sour note and my excuse for my bad manners is that I was desperate for a sit-down and a coffee, Starbucks was only a few steps away, and there was just the one vacant pavement table.
- I had to have a bit of a sit-down and a stiff drink before I replied, such was the shock.
- There aren't any more seats in that area and I won't be able to make it all the way, not without a sit-down.
1sit-down dinner — cena servida en la mesa feminine
- sit-down protest/demonstration — sitin
- sit-down strike — huelga de brazos caídos
- After the Mass the house bound and elderly were treated to a sit-down meal in the Community Centre and were presented with lottery scratch cards and entertained with music and song.
- If you're having a sit-down dinner, consider setting your table the day before to minimize last-minute stress.
- We didn't have a sit-down meal - just nibbles, but these were first class.
- In all, 470 people attended the celebrations, which included a sit-down meal, speeches and dancing.
- Even those on a modest budget can afford a good sit-down meal now and again.
- The extended conference room will be able to cater for up to 800 for sit-down meals and up to 2,000 delegates at conferences.
- People aren't expecting a sit-down meal, but you should have more available than chips and dips.
- You were always looked after well, not just a cup of tea but more often than not a sit-down meal.
- Family life bears the brunt of the ‘time crunch,’ with home-cooked meals and sit-down suppers being the exception rather than the norm.
- Jon did a fantastic dinner, and had sensibly catered for overstretched stomachs by opting for a buffet rather than a sit-down meal.
- They are having a sit-down meal for 30 and a disco in the evening before leaving for a honeymoon in Cornwall.
- Other cultures consume most of their daily calories in three sit-down meals.
- Dr Spungin said sit-down meals give children an opportunity to learn social skills and table manners, while developing their language skills by joining in a conversation.
- The guests then settled down to a sit-down meal with entertainment provided by a barbershop chorus, a magician and a band.
- A sit-down meal is provided for up to one hundred senior citizens and music is provided by well known accordionist Des Boyle of Foxford.
- Decide what kind of menu you want as far ahead as possible and whether you want a sit-down dinner or a buffet.
- They may ride horses or walk during the day and have four-course sit-down meals with her parents in the evening.
- The day started with Mass at 12 o'clock and a sit-down meal at 1 o'clock.
- The year concluded with a Christmas party with a sit-down meal, music, a singsong, presents and even a visit from Santa.
- Mass will be celebrated at 4pm after which a sit-down meal will be served.