In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Not to mince words, this was an appalling sitcom, and how it lasted for four series beggars belief.
- The series had a robust energy but was just too sour and downbeat to really work as a sitcom.
- There are just too many comedies, sitcoms, realty TV shows and then some that all seem to blur into one big mess.
- She is currently editing an anthology of critical essays about television sitcoms.
- This was a so-so sitcom with ambitious but unconvincing dance numbers and wrestling action.
- He has directed and written since 1979 and is about to appear in a new sitcom for BBC Scotland.
- The producers experimented with a US sitcom style and the first two series of the new show were shot on film.
- Thus, American television has moved away from expensive sitcoms and on to cheap thrills.
- During the daytime there's the usual mix of American soaps, chat shows, dated sitcoms with the occasional old film thrown in.
- This was a laboured sitcom peopled by stereotypical characters in unlikely plots.
- Radio Scotland's comedy writing initiative has produced pilots of three brand new sitcoms.
- It's always struck me that most successful sitcoms say great things about America.
- With the declining health of sitcoms, television has had to look in new directions to reel in viewers.
- Paul has taken to his first sitcom like bingo's two little ducks to water.
- Predictability is still the reason sitcoms draw big audiences and big advertising dollars.
- Certainly when Carla started out writing in the Sixties, there were very few women writing comedy or sitcoms led by women.
- She has a diploma in dramatic writing and has also written a sitcom.
- It was a sitcom, a workplace ensemble comedy set in a police station.
- Will the sounds of those delightful Sichuan sitcoms be silenced forever?
- Worryingly, children are viewing a lot of what is not meant for them, especially the sitcoms and soaps.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.