In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1masculine emplazamiento formalmasculine terrenomasculine solarbuilt on the site of a Roman temple — construido en el lugar que ocupaba un templo romano
- this is the site of the battle — este lugar fue el escenario de la batalla
- The Government wants the use of environmentally-damaging landfill sites cut, and it has set targets across the country.
- They uncovered a string of Bronze Age burial sites, Iron Age villages and an early Christian cemetery.
- They allow unlimited travel on all trains and access to all event sites on the railway.
- They are urging planners to tighten controls to prevent developers from building on greenland sites in the area.
- Maps noted significant sites and buildings in the town instead of street names.
- Until the structure changes we cannot get on site and start building.
- One day four town councillors visited the site, viewing the building from the outside.
- East Riding councillors last week backed plans to demolish the Victorian buildings on the site and construct new offices.
- The next night the police came and closed the site due to alleged criminal activity at the site.
- Amid the hurried activity at the school site, witnesses said a suspected kidnapper was attacked by a mob.
- The new facility will be attached to the main school building and constructed on the site of the present youth club.
- They now intend seeking permission to retain and continue using the landfill site at Emo Park.
- All of the 650 items up for auction were sold with a huge turnout on site for the Wednesday event.
- Anyone interested in offering a site for the event should contact any member of the association.
- It is hoped that 1,600 tonnes of garden waste, which would normally find its way into landfill sites, will be turned into compost.
- Historical monuments, sites and buildings also came under the scrutinising eye of the engineers preparing the draft plan.
- Households in Wiltshire produce around 250,000 tonnes of household rubbish that currently goes into the county's landfill sites.
- The monument stands on the site of one of the towns, Khatyn, which burned to the ground in 1943.
- Exeter designer Colin Lovekin wants to rescue old supermarket shopping trolleys from landfill sites and canals.
- Some parts of the UK are running out of space for landfill sites and, where they do exist, they are understandably disliked by the local population.
- On the site of the demolished buildings he plans to build 63 apartments in three blocks.
- Dump trucks carry construction crews and equipment to nearby sites, where futuristic buildings reach skyward.
- The number to call is posted as close as possible to the site where the events took place.
- Although no longer as central as they once were, these plazas are still important as sites of social activity.
- Construction recently commenced on the site and the building is due to be completed within the next 6 months
- The plan is to build a five-floor building on the site of the partly demolished Irwell Mill.
- Part of the money will be spent on sprucing up areas used by the public, including car parks, picnic sites and paths.
- The group is seeking planning permission on several sites and will begin building on others.
- In the event, 57 farms sites were infected before the first case was diagnosed.
- Stringent insurance cover now means that many events require ambulances on site as well as first aiders.
- Draw or paint a Building, Monument or a site of historical interest in your area.
- She said a house was being built next door on a site where a medieval building had once stood.
- School trips to urban farms, ancient sites and country parks already take place but more could be done.
- It was told converting the building would add vitality to an area currently suffering from a number of empty sites and buildings.
- Some roads are already built and construction of buildings on the site is imminent.
- The proposed site for the new building should not involve losing any existing public car parking.
- Work will begin this summer on consolidating many of the buildings on the site, all of which have ancient monument status.
- The university is hoping to build a science park and associated buildings on the site to form a third campus.
render_form_group(subsense).blank? span.form-groups = render_form_group(subsense)obra feminineon site — in situ
render_form_group(subsense).blank? span.form-groups = render_form_group(subsense)yacimiento (arqueológico) masculineemplazamiento (arqueológico) masculinethis is a Greek site — este es un emplazamiento griego
- a burial site — una necrópolis
render_form_group(subsense).blank? span.form-groups = render_form_group(subsense)camping masculine
2Medicinemasculine lugarmasculine puntofeminine zona
3(on Internet)sitio masculine
- Now that you have made it possible to create a Weblog, return to your site's home page.
- Search engines sites have always been free to anyone with Internet access.
- Most of the free blog sites only let you upload graphics
- The only way to be infected is to download software from illegal sites.
- Check online for sites selling refurbished laptops or check your local dealer.
- New techniques allow criminal hackers to compromise legitimate sites to download malware to your computer.
- There are many places to order your RAM, from your local computer store to online sites.
- A Google search revealed numerous cases of sites across the internet that are offering to sell illegal goods.
- There needs to be URL blocking of spyware sites, and spyware should be in antivirus signature databases.
- While antivirus software vendor sites are not obligated to conform to any virus-naming convention, most do.
- Spanish Web site operators have taken their sites offline in protest at government proposals to regulate online content.
- Free extras include a weekly email newsletter and thumbnails to add to your own site or blog.
- External links may well be driven off the home pages as sites become larger and more complex.
- Find out how many visitors abandon the site after accessing the home page only.
- Personal home pages and business sites have in recent years been accruing at a rate of hundreds of thousands a day.
- Police can already scour chat rooms and internet sites and will examine computer records for evidence.
- Links get put on blogs because there is content on a particular site that the blog owner wishes to share.
- Many online sites need verified logins, they are actively managed gaming environments.
- I've been blogging on other sites for over five years now, and know how reactionary we bloggers can be.
- Community sites aren't blogs, although blogging may be inside them.
1situarubicar Latin Americaemplazar formal
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.