In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ofertas de empleo feminine
- Have you checked the sits vac columns of likely publications?
- I bought papers and perused the sits vac section.
- If I was still ambitious enough to want to be a vice-chancellor, I'd scour every inch of the sits vac column.
- Trawling through the sits vac I chanced upon one for someone with lots of horticultural PR experience.
- I was beside myself laughing, that has got to be the best sits vac I have ever read!
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.