1(circumstances, position)situación femininethe police have the situation under control — la policía tiene controlada la situación
- the international economic/political situation — la situación económica/política internacional
- a crisis situation — una (situación de) crisis
- in the classroom situation, children … — en el ámbito de la clase, los niños …
- The worst of the economic crisis may be over, but the political situation is far from decided.
- He says there's a way of ensuring they won't become a hazard in such dangerous situations.
- They said driving lessons and tests should include motorway and night driving and handling dangerous situations.
- How many times have you been in one of these dangerous situations and wished you knew exactly what to do?
- We dread the idea that we'll be stuck in a situation that might be dangerous.
- One would hardly expect the authority to leave the child in a dangerous situation, after all.
- If your thoughts are good and creative then you don't need to worry about the situations and circumstances.
- I searched for drugs in every town we worked in and I got into some dangerous situations but I was lucky to get out unharmed.
- Sometimes we get in dangerous situations that can't be overcome by one person alone.
- Three police constables have received awards for their bravery in dealing with dangerous situations.
- I am more or less used to it because this is not the first time I've been in dangerous situations.
- Children should be taught to be assertive, but to walk away from dangerous situations.
- Rescuing women from dangerous situations might come easy to heroes in a script.
- I agree with Fair Trade people when it comes to most economic and political situations.
- On occasions I've been placed in situations I would consider dangerous.
- I write to inform you about the dangerous situation which is occurring at Bedwyn station.
- Children attending the camp will learn how to identify dangerous situations and act accordingly.
- As evening approached, the situation was becoming rather dangerous for the team.
- We know that not all emergency situations turn out the way we would like them.
- Time and time again he reacted quickly to dangerous situations.
2formal(job)empleo masculine[ S ]situations vacant/wanted — ofertas/demandas de empleo
3(setting)situación feminineubicación feminine Latin Americaemplazamiento masculine formal