In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in UK)los dos últimos años de la enseñanza secundaria
- Teaching overall is now rated unsatisfactory for Years 7 to 11 but good in the sixth form.
- In the sixth form I attended it was patently obvious that the majority of girls were considerably more mature than the boys.
- It is claimed that as students don't wear uniform in the sixth form it is hard to identify intruders.
- I used to know a teacher who took a couple of her sixth form students out in the car at lunchtime for a sly cigarette.
- He said she left the sixth form at the school at Christmas to pursue a career in the Army.
- In schools such as Sutton Grammar, where a dress code operates in the sixth form, everyone knows where they stand.
- I went to a modest-sized grammar school with a sixth form rather than a huge, impersonal comprehensive.
- Interactive white boards have replaced the old blackboards and a new sixth form area has been created for older students.
- My son is making choices about the subjects he will study in the sixth form.
- In his Lancashire blazer he looks more like a sixth form student than a county cricketer.
- The money will go towards the sixth form graduation ball in June.
- Students in the sixth form hope to raise even more by staging an event like a rock concert at the school.
- My sixth form tutor gave me days off to help on rescue excavations.
- In the sixth form, the close group of school-friends began to fragment as their A Level subjects diverged.
- The sixth form was a joint one with the local boys grammar school and suddenly our classes were filled with males!
- As well as teaching history and careers he was also head of the sixth form.
- Girls are topping the sixth form league tables in Greater Manchester.
- I am very relieved for her sake that there is still time for the new sixth form curriculum to be sorted out.
- Now, reports the Times & Citizen, a sixth form student was jailed for six years on Monday.
- For many students sixth form study and university application is a bit of a conveyor belt.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.