In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1parque de monopatín masculineparque de patineta masculine Latin America
- Currently there are two great skateparks open in the Fresno area.
- Longboards are designed for racing and are not really meant for skateparks.
- With this tool, players can create the skateparks of their dreams and actually skate them.
- Skateboarders and youngsters have handed over their designs for the long-awaited skatepark for Leigh.
- A hardcore contingent stayed with skateboarding and built backyard half pipes and ramps as more skateparks closed.
- I'm pretty sure it's the oldest skatepark in the United States that is still in operation.
- There are several skateparks and a few street spots.
- Essentially, this was to be a skatepark designed and built by people who do not ride skateboards.
- The dedication and hard work of members of a youth council has resulted in a new skatepark being built.
- A last-ditch bid to provide a skatepark on Rayleigh's King George V playing field is being made by the town council.
- New Zealand is a country peppered with lots of skateparks and friendly people, far away from the cold and dreariness of the San Francisco winter.
- They have built over 12 skateparks in America, one in Austria, and have projects pending in Hawaii, California and North Carolina.
- When I'd go to skateparks, they'd always be blasting music.
- ‘In other areas where they've built skateparks they have had a problem of graffiti afterwards because it's a part of that culture,’ he said.
- ‘On Thursday we were informed the skatepark might not be able to go ahead at all,’ she said.
- I work at a skatepark and know more about your little skateboard industry then you would ever want to know.
- I just like skateparks better than any street mission because you can go there with all your friends and everyone's guaranteed a great session.
- I'm hoping to design skateparks after I take some drafting classes.
- We were informed a skatepark was to be built after a discussion by the council with young people.
- ‘When I was a kid in North Carolina, there were no skateparks,’ says Crowfoot.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.