In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1masculine patinaje sobre hielomasculine patinaje sobre ruedas
- One of the great pleasures is to take an evening cruise on the beautiful lake, which freezes over in winter, allowing unlimited skating.
- To generate revenue in the offseason, the Red Sox are planning to install an ice rink at Fenway Park, which will be used for hockey games and public skating.
- Minneapolis-St. Paul is a winter carnival of skating, skiing, and shopping
- She says skating is easier than gymnastics, but that you get nervous for both.
- In-line skating is a popular outdoor sport for all ages.
- Though on average February is the likeliest month for ice, warmer winters have meant less skating in past decades and there is little for the aspiring skater to do except be prepared and wait.
- Winter was always full of things to do, of skating and skiing and tobogganing and snowmobiling.
- Does a teacher of skating, or teacher of baseball or football have to be a role model, or just a good teacher?
- This was my first tour and after years of competitive skating, I know now this is what I want to do.
- Another misconception about skating is that it is somehow not a proper sport, in the way that tennis or golf are perceived to be.
- Favorite winter sports include cross-country and downhill skiing, and long-distance skating.
- Holland has the longest tradition of skating, for skates provided an important means of winter transportation.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.