In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Villagers in the Philippines drew over 40 sketch maps of mangrove and coral reef habitats on top of base maps.
- There's a sketch map of the world indicating time zones.
- A sketch map in the front of the booklet guides the reader to the sites of the articles.
- I will refer to the accompanying sketch map throughout my description of the situation.
- Only occasionally have they converted these cognitive orientations into sketch maps for use in their daily lives.
- As you go around, mark every feature you find on a large sketch map of the water.
- Locations of the 40 sites from which we removed eggs were recorded on sketch maps, and eggs were photographed with a Polaroid camera.
- The project relied on teamwork, the collection of toponyms, the drawing of sketch maps, and the interpretation of air photos.
- Part of their work consisted of drawing sketch maps showing the locations where game animals were captured.
- I find it useful to use both published and students' sketch maps (often in conjunction with photographs) as part of the planning and drafting process.
- The way they transform these cognitive images into hand-drawn lines in sketch maps is central to the approach.
- This chapter has excellent descriptions of important specimen-producing sites and a wide assortment of color photographs and geologic sketch maps.
- The sketch maps resulting from these scientific encounters, however, are rarely used to produce standardized maps.
- By the end of the third workshop, most participants could easily draw sketch maps and read standard cartographic sheets and air photos.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.