In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1barrios bajos masculinehe's heading for skid row — va a terminar mal
- But eventually the affect of the integration will greatly raise the property values along the skid row, and lead to huge change in the area.
- He's also on call at the City Hospital in the event that the police drag in any skid row denizens on their last wobbly legs.
- Their skid row operates 24 hours; its cycles are tied to county checks and busy shelter kitchens.
- Grimy back alley flophouses, squalid arcades lined with girlie nickelodeons and a neon-lined skid row lend the picture an air of authenticity.
- Back when Borello first moved to Alberta Street, it was a skid row lined with boarded-up storefronts and seedy bars.
- I'm not going to be one of those guys who is on skid row at 40.
- Indeed, if it weren't for George Pal's dancing dysentery factory, this movie would be one long seminar on skid row economics.
- We're introduced to Loretta in Rescue Me, a film about the estimated 10,000 homeless people living on Los Angeles' skid row.
- Who wants to hit rock bottom, derelict, skid row, with no friend or family or home?
- Anyway, a few sex shops are left on skid row and one of them, The Exclusive Shop, has a video theatre upstairs.
- If pornography is downtown on skid row, respectable people can pretend that they don't even know it's there.
- Some crushed aluminum cans for proper accessorizing and we'd have the complete skid row ensemble.
- This is not the only place on skid row where business thrives in Porta-Potties.
- Sure, the low budget set designs betray the skid row mindset inherent in the film's creation.
- Set in a skid row hotel, Vacancy focuses on the chance meeting of a suicidal young punk and a garrulous tavern lifer.
- Alcohol, libation to the deity and old social lubricant, also greases the slide to skid row.
- That's because we no longer see advertising as the skid row of pop culture, the place where celebrities who can't do anything else end up.
- His magic/hypnosis/disgruntled loser act is wearing thin on local independent television stations around skid row.
- Fantastic news but obviously buries the fact that her solo career had completely died and she was now on skid row as far as her career was concerned.
- On a Washington skid row, eyeless bums peddle the newest nose candy.
- Elliot, meanwhile, had almost been on skid row with alcoholism.
- Los Angeles has the largest skid row in the nation, stretching across 50 square blocks.
- After his business had failed and he had served time in prison for embezzlement, he died in a skid row hotel.
- From an educated viewpoint, he told me all about the horrors of skid row.
- Sights like this are common on L.A.'s skid row, a rock-bottom depository and national embarrassment.
- Here the Boulevard was a skid row of motels, shabby apartments, sad souvenir stands, pornography stores, and pawn shops.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.