In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1esquiador masculineesquiadora feminine
- The wedge or snowplow is often one of the first downhill maneuvers a skier learns, but it is not easy to do.
- Now the fashion is changing, skiers and snowboarders are skiing far and wide instead of concentrating on the beaten track.
- Intermediate snowboarders competed in the intermediate events immediately following the downhill skiers.
- Expectations of graceful flowing telemarks fade as the skier faces deep trenching.
- If one ski parts itself on an icy rut, the bad skier promptly sits down.
- That way, novice skiers can avoid one steep downhill along the edge of Inferno Cone.
- Yet some backcountry skiers feel snowmobiles are nothing less than machines from hell.
- During such a test, the skier should avoid snowplowing and sliding on turns.
- He believes that variety in skiing and the amount of Nordic trails offered attracts new skiers.
- The stronger and more technically proficient a skier is, the stiffer the ski can be.
- All levels of downhill skiers and snowboarders will be catered for.
- They even go so far as to give older skiers free or reduced lift prices while younger skiers bleed at full price.
- As we drove down the darkened motorway, the worst nightmare for a skier happened.
- Visually impaired skiers follow the sound of the guide's skis and poles on the snow.
- After completing their ski run, other skiers in the group realized Phillips was missing and went back to look for him.
- Unfortunately, we skiers are confronted daily with the problem of how to dress.
- They are placed at the disposal of the skiers, along the ski runs and skiers can also leave their own equipment for safekeeping there.
- No skier is in danger of losing their right to ski because of a snowmobile.
- It was a sunny April Fool's Day, but the joke was on the skiers who weren't there.
- However, a skilled skier can get adequate grip from a wide variety of skis and waxes.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.