In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Other available options include a fume exhaust blower, belt-type oil skimmer, automatic fluid refill control and a flow-through detailing brush.
- The skimmer removes detritus that would otherwise sink and contribute to algae growth.
- Remove with a bamboo skimmer, drain on paper towels, sprinkle with salt, and serve immediately.
- Similarly, ferrous ladles and skimmers must be coated to prevent iron attack.
- Summer is the time to keep your strainers and skimmers clean.
- Some skimmers work by separating the top layer mechanically; others use a sort of blotter or a suction mechanism.
2(for swimming pool)utensilio para recoger hojas etc de la superficie de una piscina
3(bird)rayador masculinepicotijera masculine
- North Deer is recognized worldwide as having an outstanding concentration of colonial nesting birds, including skimmers, gulls and terns.
- Mute swans are responsible for driving the last remaining colony of black skimmers from Chesapeake Bay.
- In late summer, numerous egrets and herons appear, along with common, roseate, least, Forster's and black terns and maybe even a black skimmer.
- Burkett said there are thousands of avocets and skimmers on the Bolivar Flats now, as well as white pelicans, terns and other coastal species.
- Birdlife is rich with African skimmers, fish eagles, many types of heron and colonies of carmine bee-eaters.
- Hook them through the belly and they'll swim up, but that will only feed the skimmers, terns and gulls wheedling overhead.
- Further down the river skimmers are also feeding well at Fulford.
- Black skimmers also attempted to nest and will hopefully be successful in the future.
- Bar-winged skimmers range throughout the southeastern United States from Louisiana and Florida north to New Jersey.
- The skimmers floated, fraternized, and, best of all, skimmed, much to our delight.
- You might sweat a little when summer temps reach 104 degrees, but just think: No noise to drown out the songs of the African skimmers, wagtails, and stints.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.