In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1submarinismo masculinebuceo masculine
- Visitors can also indulge in surfing and skin diving.
- On the coast, popular water sports include sailing, skin diving, and deep-sea fishing.
- Shallow Water Blackout is most commonly associated with skin diving.
- Simply dismissed as just a tourist island by the few dive operators, little has been explored beyond skin diving depths.
- For Ben Laycock, an artist from Castlemaine, a trip to East Gippsland usually means skin diving off the nearby coast.
- ‘We decided that we had to separate skin diving from scuba diving because of the safety aspect,’ he said.
- The book is focused on skin diving, but the sections on breath holding and physiology can be applied to surfing.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.