In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Theatre sketch satírico masculineLiterature obra satírica feminineLiterature sátira feminineskit on sb/sth — sátira / parodia de algn/algo
- a skit on the president — una sátira / parodia del presidente
- An interview with Meena and a comedy skit will also be telecast.
- His outrageous comedy skits and quick wit made him part of daily life for millions of American families.
- The watchword here was informality, with the pair linking skits and sketches in an amiable, easy-going manner.
- His cartoons, novels, skits and plays reflect an immense zest for portraying the funny side of life.
- Along with brazenly ridiculing government and society, Ko began to incorporate short comedic skits into the band's sets.
- She looked past the new release shelf to see Steve and Tim watching some comedy skits on TV.
- Youth of all backgrounds performed skits and spoken word pieces about political and social justice.
- Whenever we film our video game parody skits, we try to include, and harass, as many people in public as we can.
- Skeins emerged through group projects to render the maze of tradition through a time-line, skits and sketches.
- From the moment he started writing, he began to write short skits and plays.
- A short skit was presented with a message conveying that the disabled were in no way inferior to others.
- The writers have been going a little nuts thinking up scenarios and skits and sketches and things like that.
- The shows consisted of skits, sketches and musical items, and featured visiting celebrity guest stars.
- In the lower classes, students would stage skits in which they played the part of upper-caste Jats.
- In the short skit, the guys left everyone spellbound with their fluency in Hindi.
- The entertainment fare was peppered with cinematic dance, oriental Thai performances and humorous skits.
- What was originally supposed to be a short skit for the end-of-run cast party soon turned into a show in its own right.
- What is more, they would be encouraged to write skits, short plays and scripts for documentaries during the trek.
- They can stage a short skit about Mahatma Gandhi's Dandi March and India's struggle for Independence.
- Your skits and spoken-word pieces about music tend to have a sarcastic edge.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.