In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1paracaidismo acrobático masculine
- Some people get over their acrophobia by going skydiving or bungee jumping.
- His goal is simple, the perpetuation of the sport of skydiving.
- But the statistics show that skydiving is one of the safest sports in the world; driving to a dropzone is generally more dangerous.
- I'd had many adventures and skydiving seemed merely the next in line.
- Treut shows them partying, having dinner, skydiving, riding motorcycles, performing their art, and having fun.
- Fifteen years ago, skydiving did not have full-time teams.
- We weren't thrill seekers jumping off cliffs, or skydiving, or driving fast vehicles, but we did what many of you do.
- It is similar to the maneuvers I perform in freefall while skydiving.
- The 50-year-old did his first jump for charity in 1983 and soon became addicted to skydiving, taking part in a host of competitions.
- You can keep fishing - skydiving is the extreme sport for me.
- They have been actively involved in sport all their lives, from athletics to skydiving, from basketball to scuba diving.
- This was rather puzzling, because she had been exercising vigorously until 10 days earlier, and enjoyed the sport of skydiving.
- And different experiences are something that Julie has thrown herself headlong into, including free-fall skydiving and abseiling.
- And she's into skydiving, hang-gliding and bungee jumping!
- Not only do they jump out of perfectly good airplanes - they name parachutes and skydiving schools after Icarus.
- We've both done some skydiving, bungee jumping, and whitewater rafting.
- The aircraft belonged to Skydive Thailand, which takes passengers for skydiving.
- Gilbert bet that he would try skydiving if Roddick won his first Masters tournament.
- Sky surfing is skydiving with a special board that lets the jumper perform tricks in mid-air.
- Since he got involved in skydiving in 1980, Colonel Strand has accumulated approximately 1,600 jumps.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.