In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1paracaidismo acrobático masculine
- And different experiences are something that Julie has thrown herself headlong into, including free-fall skydiving and abseiling.
- Fifteen years ago, skydiving did not have full-time teams.
- I'd had many adventures and skydiving seemed merely the next in line.
- We weren't thrill seekers jumping off cliffs, or skydiving, or driving fast vehicles, but we did what many of you do.
- And she's into skydiving, hang-gliding and bungee jumping!
- Sky surfing is skydiving with a special board that lets the jumper perform tricks in mid-air.
- The 50-year-old did his first jump for charity in 1983 and soon became addicted to skydiving, taking part in a host of competitions.
- It is similar to the maneuvers I perform in freefall while skydiving.
- We've both done some skydiving, bungee jumping, and whitewater rafting.
- You can keep fishing - skydiving is the extreme sport for me.
- Treut shows them partying, having dinner, skydiving, riding motorcycles, performing their art, and having fun.
- This was rather puzzling, because she had been exercising vigorously until 10 days earlier, and enjoyed the sport of skydiving.
- Not only do they jump out of perfectly good airplanes - they name parachutes and skydiving schools after Icarus.
- Some people get over their acrophobia by going skydiving or bungee jumping.
- They have been actively involved in sport all their lives, from athletics to skydiving, from basketball to scuba diving.
- Gilbert bet that he would try skydiving if Roddick won his first Masters tournament.
- Since he got involved in skydiving in 1980, Colonel Strand has accumulated approximately 1,600 jumps.
- But the statistics show that skydiving is one of the safest sports in the world; driving to a dropzone is generally more dangerous.
- The aircraft belonged to Skydive Thailand, which takes passengers for skydiving.
- His goal is simple, the perpetuation of the sport of skydiving.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.