In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It may make for slam-bang entertainment in the film industry's home state.
- If slam-bang mainstream thrills are more your cup of tea, you could do much worse than giving Joy Ride a whirl.
- Granted, it still wasn't a great slam-bang action flick.
- The hilarious gags come at a slam-bang pace, and they're occasionally edgy.
- And those consequences, thanks to some slam-bang special effects, are completely devastating.
- Clearly, he is more than the slam-bang type we thought him to be when he first broke into the international scene.
- For a real slam-bang ending, express doubt as to which election is more obviously a farcical fiction designed to promote corporate interests.
- Had about a half hour been trimmed from it, The Rookie may have been a slam-bang action flick.
- There are no such problems here; from the film's slam-bang opening, to its brilliant closing moments, there's not a wasted shot or scene.
- After this slam-bang production, the next is sure to be a huge letdown.
- And Carla Khan is good with some terrific slam-bang winner to go with good movement and great court sense.
- Greener-grass suspicions aside, the comment refreshed for me this good old view of America, one usually yoked to the very slam-bang action and bustling small-town communities avoided by the director.
- One more ounce of metaphysics and it would have been stupid; one less ounce, it would have been empty slam-bang eye candy.
- The slam-bang boredom created by these glorified grunge grunts is almost unlistenable.
- On Friday, though, for all its colour, flair and energy, his playing was often incoherent, self-indulgent and slam-bang crass.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.