In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The resulting dikaryons were cultured on slant medium to test for fruiting phenotypes.
- Use it on pants or shorts with a fly-front zipper and side-seam or slant pockets.
- Then John drilled me on a slant pattern that put the ball on the eight-yard line.
- The button front skirt, with elastic in the back waist, has two deep slant pockets with security pockets hidden inside.
- A trickle of blood came down the slant side of the podium and dripped off the side.
- In mid to late spring the slant roofs would be taken down again.
- But on the first play of the fourth quarter, Beuerlein's slant pass to a wide-open Smith was behind him.
- Similarly noncleavage fracture in thin sheets of engineering materials occurs exclusively by shear rupture and the fracture profile appears similar to the slant fracture.
- Elapsed time is recorded between the emitted and returning signals, to compute a slant distance.
- David Carr's first quarter slant pass to Jabar Gaffney deflected into the hands of Marlon McCree, who returned the interception 35 yards to the Texan.
- Defenses also often walked out a linebacker to Moss' side of the field to help defend slant routes.
- The fracture surface is a fibrous slant fracture.
- His old eyes, brown and lazy, gazed ahead from under a slant brow.
- One disadvantage of a slant load is for people with large horses.
- The slant launching method, unlike vertical launch, allows the missile's on-board seeker to be locked on to the target before launch.
- This made Mason an easy target for a slant route.
- Use stay tape on the slant pocket seam edge to prevent it from stretching.
- Amani Toomer has the speed to break big plays, the size to do damage on slant patterns and the hands to make the spectacular catch.
- The passing attack will continue to emphasize slant patterns and crossing routes.
2(biased)(account/opinion) tendencioso(account/opinion) sesgado
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.