- Still, demands persisted for speed cameras, radar traps, sleeping policemen, chicanes and other traffic management.
- Rumble strips, sleeping policemen and flashing signs have the same benefits.
- Round our way, we've had a lot of success in the area of speed reduction with sleeping policemen.
- I am all for sensible traffic-calming, rumble strips, sleeping policemen and so on to keep traffic flowing, but these chicanes are a nightmare and should be dug up and replaced.
- Our roads don't need sleeping policemen - they have created a much cheaper way to slow the traffic down (plenty of holes in the road do the same thing).
- Bexley Council in their wisdom have now decided even the main roads need sleeping policemen.
- Chairman Derek Whitnell said: ‘We have asked several times for something like a sleeping policeman to stop the rat-run that goes down here, but nothing gets done.’
- We need some traffic calming measures like sleeping policemen to slow cars down.
- And are we expected to believe that when these sleeping policemen are being placed on the road the very same people will not complain at the disruption caused?
- Hardly anyone objects to the lower speed limit but people do have genuine concerns about noise and vibration caused by things like sleeping policemen.