In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cierre de cremallera masculinezíper masculine Mexico Central America Venezuela Cubacierre relámpago masculine Southern Cone Perucierre eclair masculine Chile
- You need to be keen about developments in clothing materials, dress style and changes in customers' demands, even the button and the slide fasteners.
- A slide fastener has a pair of longitudinally extending and parallel textile tapes.
- There were articles of clothing and all manner of smaller packages bound up with the funny little slide fasteners.
- The slide fastener broke when I sat down.
- There is a need for a reliable and reproducible means of evaluating the performance and durability of slide fasteners.
- The cold weather woodland camouflage pattern coat is lined, hip length with a bi-swing back, convertible stand-up collar with concealed hood, slide fastener front closure with two breast and two lower pockets.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.