In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1regla de cálculo feminine
- He had learnt some useful skills at the school such as arithmetic, double-entry book keeping and how to use a slide rule.
- Log tables were used as there were no calculators and indeed, a slide rule was all the fashion.
- For example, the hand-held electronic calculator quickly ended the slide rule industry.
- He still had a white-knuckled grip on his slide rule.
- Hands up all those who did maths using a slide rule?
- He worked with pencil and paper, as well as a slide rule and a table of logarithms.
- Oughtred described the slide rule in 1622 but the circular slide rule was not described by him until 1632.
- This includes a detailed discussion of the use of the slide rule in making calculations governing the adjustment and operation of looms and weaving equipment.
- For number crunching, in lieu of calculators, he relied on a slide rule, its case battered.
- The new, more versatile and accurate slide rule with its cursor and easy to read scales had become the favorite of those in technical fields.
- Rocket man Wernher von Braun called for a new kind of warrior, one armed with a slide rule.
- An analog calculator designed along the principle of a slide rule, it utilizes logarithmic and inverse logarithmic scales to quickly provide you with the correct firing solution.
- On a scorching summer day earlier this year, Beijing engineer Shan Tao doesn't need a slide rule to sort out his overheating equation.
- The slide rule is one of the newest scientific instruments which has started to become collectable.
- Renewable energy technology can end utility monopolies and liberate us from a lifetime of paying monthly power bills, rendering utility power as obsolete as the slide rule.
- I can use rail-dots for ranging if I have to, but then I'm old enough that I can still use a slide rule if I have to.
- We would then look at it through an instrument that looked, and behaved, like a slide rule, with sliding piece made of smoked glass.
- It would not have occurred to me until recent years, any more than I would have conceived of portable computers while I was working out trigonometry problems with a slide rule.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.