In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- They're these gorgeous little open-toed slingbacks in black satin and with a not-too-high, not-too-short heel of about 3 1/2 inches.
- Become a member simply by filling out a profile, and strappy slingbacks, sexy stilettos, and melt-worthy boots are yours at about 30 percent off retail.
- Right now, she's into mules, but I'll take any of her slingbacks and high-heeled sandals.
- All I do know is that my new slingback shoes look adorable, but weren't a good choice of footwear for a night behind a bar.
- And now when I walk into Bogna's office in a great new pair of slingbacks - she knows I've earned them!
- Spiky slingbacks and stiletto shoes and boots with elongated pointed or chisel toed front uppers will be made for showing off in rather than walking far.
- All that is visible is my stockinged toes poking through my slingback heels.
- Well it would seem to me that it's perfectly fine to wear tights with slingbacks because in most cases they are shoes with no heels.
- I saw a young woman in a little, flower print dress and slingbacks, tiny handbag held above her head in a vain attempt to stave off the rain and wind.
- The problem with slingbacks is that your heel is not held in place as securely as with pumps, so it lands at a slightly different spot each time you put your foot down.
1sandalia de tacón femininezapato de tacón masculine
con el talón descubierto
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.