In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(pullover)suéter sin mangas
- I own both black lace-up smooth-toed shoes and a pair of black slip-ons (dressy penny loafers).
- Don't forget to check out the footwear too - shoes, slip-ons, sandals and boots.
- You can get shoes for the summer that are slip-ons, or with a strap or buckle.
- Then she swore as one of her shoes, strange high-heeled slip-ons, fell off.
- Soft or hard sole slippers, moccasins, slip-ons or mules - these are just a few of the appealing styles you can find.
- Traditionally, men shorten their pants so that they break at the third shoelace from the toe of the shoe (or the equivalent for loafers, slip-ons and other styles of laceless shoes).
- Tough, stylish, and super comfy, this leather slip-on is the perfect after-sport snowshoe.
- I've got my favourite summer shoes on - slip-ons that are beautifully decorated with beads.
- Start by selecting a style of trainer (runners, slip-ons, casuals, boots).
- She had decided on her flat-heeled, white slip-ons.
- It also provides a more-than-adequate amount of support and traction, making it the perfect slip-on for any water sport or wet-to-dry activity.
- A kind of snow tire for your feet, these lightweight rubber slip-ons fit over running shoes, hiking boots and even snowboarding boots to provide nonslip traction on snow and ice.
- I favour trainers or shoes that are fairly flat and are held on to the feet - not loose slip-ons.
- If you want to go over the edge, wear sports shoes or slip-ons or moccasins on the feet.
- Lace-up shoes are the choice over slip-ons or flip flops.
- Two types are available: clogs (open-heeled) and slip-ons.
- These slip-ons are inexpensive, impulse purchases.
- Choose lace-up shoes instead of slip-ons, and keep the laces tied.
- He was not wearing shoes but slip-ons or slippers.
- We were made to design a court shoe - those types of shoes that lady lawyers wear - very simple rounded front slip-ons cut from one piece of leather.
2slip-ons plural(shoes)zapatos sin cordones masculine
1(shoes) sin cordones
- People wearing low-cut and body-hugging tops, off-the-shoulder clothing, slippers and slip-on sandals were not allowed to enter government buildings.
- She pulled out a heavy crocheted blanket and a pair of slip-on shoes.
- The casual cousins of slip-on sandals, flip-flops are basically nice shower shoes.
- She wears a white top, with narrow straps over bare shoulders, jeans and brown slip-on shoes.
- The brown trousers did not fit him and ended 2 or 3 inches above his ankle and he wore either shoes without laces or slip-on shoes.
- Highlights include the return of the brown suit, slip-on shoes, the ra-ra skirt and an array of jumpsuits.
- You'll be in the driver's seat this spring with this pair of pebble-leather, slip-on moccasins with contrast stitching.
- I'm sorry, I've left the cardigan at home, but I am wearing the slip-on shoes.
- She wore her hair down and had little slip-on sandals.
- Aren't you tired of your boring, single-tone, slip-on sandals?
- A friend of mine maintains he survived because he wore slip-on shoes from which he managed to get free.
- Let's start with the slip-on slippers that would go well with khadi dresses.
- It'll not be long before I need to hang a slip-on coat by the kitchen door ready for those pop-out jobs.
- Pulling on slip-on shoes, she ran out the door, forgetting her keys.
- She wore a white blouse and grey sweatpants that were made for pregnant women along with slip-on shoes.
- I was wearing a simple black, slip-on dress that stopped around my calves.
- She strides in her purple slip-on shoes across plush carpet and slides into the photographer's chosen chair.
- When fly fishing, wear either no shoes or slip-on type deck shoes.
- If he sleeps at all, he'll be woken up well before the execution and instructed to change into prison-issue white briefs, khaki trousers, a white T-shirt, socks and slip-on shoes.
- Cutting out the fuss is more than a design philosophy for Julie, it's a way of life, right down to her basic wardrobe of comfortable jeans, slip-on shoes, and simple cotton blouses.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.