In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- No-sew slip covers, frosted glass doors, distressed-paint dressers, punched tin screens and stencilled wicker chairs, as well as decorative fabric hangings and draperies are some of the funky, colourful and fun projects laid out.
- Replacing old carpet, adding wall hangings or purchasing a slip cover for an old sofa are cost-effective cosmetic changes that make a less-than-ideal room appear more suitable.
- I know I could make a slip cover, but I like the texture of the existing fabric. is it possible to dye the chair as is or will I ruin the piece?
- I also made a slip cover for both cushions out of retro fabric, which I will include.
- Other small things like making slip covers for the chairs or buying tablecloths are done frequently by the students.
- I am wanting to dye my ‘over stuffed’ sofa's slip covers.
- Have the sofa reupholstered or make some slip covers.
- Today, with a spirited 2-year-old in the house, serious redecorating gives way to slip covers and throws, durable furnishings to withstand the energies of a toddler.
- If you sew, you might try making a slip cover you can easily remove and replace as necessary.
- I love my couch with its rose-covered slip cover.
- I would suggest slip covers unless you really want to experiment.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.