In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1suéter sin mangas masculine
- In a chair with a pink slip-over, Rosetta slept placidly.
- This is a men's V-neck sleeveless slipover with traditional shaping, sized to fit a 37 in. / 94 cm chest.
- Hosiery constitutes 22% of import (mostly from China), slipovers, jackets, and sweaters - 17%, and knitwear polo shirts, tee-shirts, and underwaists - 16%.
- These slipovers are also highly durable and are great for rental costumes.
- When it was cold, knee length, turned over socks and woollen jerseys were worn, whilst in the summer short sleeved shirts and Fair Isle slipovers were popular.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.