In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1zapatilla calcetín femininepantufla calcetín feminine Latin Americachancla calcetín feminine Colombia
- It, the left slipper sock, has been becoming tattered and pulled and raggy, but at least it's been in my room.
- Slip on a pair of cotton twist slipper socks for warmth and comfort.
- Melanie nodded, and took her coat and slipped her bare feet in slipper socks, and then into loafers.
- There is a wood floor and you don't need to wear your boots inside, but a pair of wool slipper socks or mukluks is a good idea.
- These slipper socks are a great way to keep your feet warm and dry inside.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.