In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1to play sth in slo-mo — poner algo a velocidad lenta
- New to the sequel is the slo-mo power-up, which, as the name suggests, slows down the music to a more manageable speed for a short duration of time.
- There are things you would want - like if someone makes a great run - that we would never do a slo-mo on, but if this could tag the majority of things, we can insert the others.
- There was one moment where I gave a low whistle of admiration, hit pause, scanned back and did a slo-mo examination.
- If you are a fan of this movie, really like dance or '80s movies, want to rewind the lobster scene, or watch some of the dance numbers in slo-mo, buy it.
- Flowers and bushes in full splendor - the foliage of Jasperwood is uniquely timed so that something is always going off; summer is like a slo-mo fireworks exhibition.
- I'm talking about the way in which the game is brought to the fans at home - the magnified shot of whether or not a ball hit the ground, the immediate slo-mo that is still crystal clear, that kind of stuff.
- Fast forward had replaced the slo-mo of my generation.
- His slo-mo exposition seemed all the more excruciating after a day of fast-moving 10-minute presentations.
- It's a great series of shots, composition, actor demeanor, slo-mo, rhythm, and music that I've seen in a while.
- Some scenes faded into one another so fast that it looked like slo-mo anime.
- The fight sequences became legendary, with their slo-mo and martial arts wire-flying.
- Misiorowski also employs the slo-mo at the most inappropriate moments.
- Talking heads are juxtaposed with offbeat Cold War footage and recurring tunnel imagery in split screen shots, montages and slo-mo sequences.
- That's why starting with the slo-mo pecks and working up to a bigger kiss is key.
- Moreover, the roulette wheel (the film's visual anchor and principle metaphor) is gorgeous, and worth the lingering slo-mo shots lavished upon it.
- His usual slo-mo beats and spoken-word flow show up eventually, around four minutes in, but his eclectic point has been made.
- The slo-mo frames, the two-handed shooting and even the perennially startled doves are all there.
- We see him fall to the ground, still holding the hose, from which a small dog starts lapping in a slo-mo sequence, adding humor to the tragedy.
- Many of the scenes could stand to have a few minutes shaved off, mostly in the music-video-style slo-mo walking sequences.
- In the end, Hill went with the slo-mo dying style.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.