In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(of mud, cement)compuesto acuoso de lodo, cemento etc
- Mud and slurry cover the site at the moment and staff are keeping the remaining dogs out until the threat of further flooding has subsided.
- Nutrients in fertiliser and slurry encourage aggressive species such as nettles and thistles at their expense.
- They then repeatedly washed a slurry of gold or semiconductor particles over the protein crystals.
- It is recommended to leave a week between slurry and fertilizer spreading.
- The tankers are capable of sucking out waste, sludge, and slurry from a depth of eight metres in absolutely no time.
- For farmyard manure and slurry the closed period runs from August to November.
- Officials hurriedly put together advice on the disposal of disinfectants, manure, slurry and milk.
- The flue gas is passed through an aqueous limestone slurry containing formic acid.
- The other key element is that good practices must be followed when spreading slurry and chemical fertilizers.
- Instead of having to stock parts, dealers could just have a tank of soybean slurry and a couple of computer discs.
- Farms within a three-kilometre radius are now subject to strict rules on disinfection and the use of milk and of slurry.
- Adding silage effluent to slurry greatly increases the level of poisonous hydrogen sulphide gas produced.
- Spring application will give the best utilisation of nitrogen in slurry.
- Rat-tailed maggot larvae may be found in drains, waste waters, liquid manure, slurry tanks or ditches.
- The slurry was expected to enter the River Ouse in the next 24 hours when it will become so diluted it will be harmless.
- Erosion is the wearing away or destruction of metals and other materials by the abrasive action of water, steam or slurries that carry abrasive materials.
- Farmers, in particular, have been urged to be careful where and when they apply slurry and fertilisers.
- Meanwhile silage vehicles and the discharge of slurry by jet spray will require specific licences to go on and off farms.
- Alternatively, a cement and perlite slurry can be pumped into the flue.
- According to Paul these produce less slurry and methane gas per acre.
2Farmingestiércol líquido masculine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.