In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1de bajo calibre
- For the past 40 years, these guns have completely dominated the Olympic Games and other international small-bore rifle competition.
- It is the venue for regular summer competitions, for different classes of weapons, including small-bore rifles.
- He is part of a team of four competing in the small-bore .22 rifle and .177 air rifle events.
- If you compare cylinder-head airflow on a small-bore test fixture and on a large-bore fixture, the bigger bore will almost invariably improve airflow due to less valve shrouding.
- He established his own company, specializing in small-bore pistols plus the occasional rifle, and has been busy ever since.
- In time, I predict it will dominate small-bore rifle and handgun competition if it is permitted under the rules of the game.
- On top of these were flower displays, fishing and small-bore rifle shooting, not to mention rows and rows of trade and craft stalls and, of course, plenty to eat and drink.
- After all, it happened for small-bore shooting, so why not for an activity in which competitors go in off the 10-metre board and, after impact, report terrible stinging and reddening in the buttock region?
- A longtime standard loading for this 19 th-century small-bore cartridge has been a 115 gr. gas checked bullet over 5.0 grs. of Unique for right at 1,000 fps from a Colt Single Action Army or replica.
- The Kingston team is being organised by the Surbiton Postal Club and any small-bore shooters who would like to be considered for the team should call the club secretary.
- The.32 Mag. cartridge fits the Bisley to a ‘T’, making it the ultimate in small-bore single actions.
- The police reported D.K., also aged 16, was showing a small-bore pistol to his classmate and pressed the trigger inadvertently.
- Lt. Col. Rubin's contribution was the design of a small-bore cartridge featuring a jacketed, lead core bullet.
- Now, for the first time, handgun manufacturers began offering hot, small-bore centerfire cartridges for small game and varmints.
- Country pursuits on offer include sheep-racing, woodcarving with chainsaws, small-bore rifle-shooting, wool-spinning, bee demonstrations, candle-making and ferret-racing.
- Young women were abjuring the joys of small-bore shooting on TV.
- The ground-breaking Mle 1886 Lebel introduced the French 8x51 mmR cartridge, the first small-bore, smokeless-powder cartridge adopted by any army in the world.
- Something approaching despair overcomes you when a solemn debate over the health of British society is sparked by the failure to achieve a bronze in small-bore shooting.
- As a left-handed shooter, I have often encouraged several arms manufacturers to produce small-bore, left-hand bolt actions, not surprisingly, with little success.
- In fact, it's a marathon and many sprints, not to mention numerous bike rides, a whole bunch of weightlifting, a batch of hockey matches, several days of small-bore shooting and some canoe slalom.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.