In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1bomba inteligente feminine
- One is left with the impression that these were car bombs, not smart bombs.
- These aircraft flew 20,753 combat sorties and used 18,467 smart bombs and missiles and 9,251 dumb bombs.
- It alone - allied with the working people internationally - has a potential power greater than that of the ruling elite with its smart bombs and cruise missiles.
- Science has given us smart bombs, the Atom bomb, GM foods and models with breasts that are just impossible.
- In the past few years, smart bombs and cruise missiles have become vastly more accurate, due to the use of Global Positioning Satellites to guide the weapons to their targets.
- Doing so is even more important than building all the smart bombs and cruise missiles we need, because not only will this war be entirely new, it will also be insanely complicated.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.