In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(person)fumador masculinefumadora femininehe's a heavy smoker — fuma mucho
- smoker's cough — tos de fumador
- The biggest mistake smokers / tobacco chewers make when trying to quit is giving up.
- The plan is to use this for a year or so, then build a brick smoker with integrated barbecue next summer.
- Statistics show that almost all smokers were hooked on tobacco as adolescents.
- I myself used to smoke cannabis, although I have never been a smoker of tobacco. Is it such a crime?
- People must continually be reminded of the horrendous damage that tobacco inflicts on smokers and those who experience second hand smoke.
- Smoking households were defined as households with one or more resident tobacco smokers (cigarettes, pipes, or cigars).
- I did not encounter any women in the community who were regular smokers of local tobacco, or any young men.
- As well as the concern over violent computer games, research has shown that the majority of underage smokers buy cigarettes and tobacco themselves from retailers.
- Such opponents of the bans say that many smokers are addicted to tobacco and nicotine and therefore need to smoke.
- Little is known about cancer rates prior to the nineteenth century, though lip and lung cancers were probably not uncommon among native smokers of tobacco.
- The very high rate of dependence among young tobacco smokers shows the importance for timing prevention messages at the earliest age possible.
- Cannabis users experience the same health problems as tobacco smokers, including bronchitis, emphysema, bronchial asthma and lung cancer.
- If you're a smoker or are regularly exposed to cigarette smoke, studies show that synthetic beta carotene could increase your lung cancer risk.
- I really don't have a problem with the majority determining the laws, but I do have some concern that tobacco smokers are being targeted as outlaws.
- The temperature in the smoker should be maintained at 250 to 300°F for safety.
- A regular smoker says that the cigar smoke has to be savoured by rolling in the mouth rather than inhaling it.
- Tobacco companies misled smokers for years about the consequences of their products.
- Housed in food tents alongside the pier, some of West Cork's finest fish smokers, cheese makers and organic gardeners will have their produce on sale.
- In the past, the government has used regulatory tools like levying higher taxes, chiefly on cigarettes, in the belief that an increase in the price of tobacco motivates smokers to quit.
- For the salmon belly, prepare a hot smoker with applewood chips.
- The report also showed 10 per cent of pupils were tobacco smokers - smoking at least one cigarette a week.
- In conclusion, our results show that a high percentage of tobacco smokers tend to be drinkers also.
- Three categories of tobacco users, or smokers, were commonly used: regular use, lifetime use, and occasional use.
- Remove the liver from the smoker; lay on a sheet of plastic wrap on a flat work surface.
- He was a long-time smoker and regularly drank moderate quantities of beer.
2Railwayscompartimento de fumadores masculinevagón de fumadores masculinecarro de fumadores masculineis this a smoker? — ¿se puede fumar aquí?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.