- I've never had any time for the sort of people who describe themselves as ‘wine enthusiasts’ and wear velvet smoking jackets at home on Friday evenings.’
- He always wears a red smoking jacket and an ascot and a monocle at his parties, and really cool, eclectic people will be there.
- The great English dandy wears chalkstripe trousers, damask waistcoats, velvet smoking jackets and embroidered leather coats, while combining them with eskimo, parkas, work jackets in leather, cotton and wool.
- I'm wearing my usual minute-by-minute attire Dave: a maroon crushed velvet smoking jacket, a fez, a monocle, expensive red silk pyjamas and politically incorrect ermine slippers.
- No longer in his emerald silk lapelled jacket, the Professor wore a smoking jacket made of magenta velvet with black piping.