In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1salón para fumadores masculine
- Smokers are directed to three special shelters which were built in the grounds last year - although staff still have smoking rooms and there are smoking rooms for patients too ill or incapacitated to get to the outdoor shelters.
- It had all the facilities of an hotel, including carpeting, dining rooms, and a smoking room.
- Highland Council is also phasing out all smoking rooms and offering nicotine patches, hypnotherapy and acupuncture to help beat their habit.
- A smoking room in public places and office buildings would definitely be a better alternative to having people clumped around the entrances to public places puffing away.
- Our results suggest a better solution would be to provide alternative places for smoking in public, such as smoking rooms in bars.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.