1.1(of movement)(drive/take off/land) suavemente
- When I got it back the sights were reset and straight, the barrel was crowned smoothly at 11 degrees.
- However, a nice mint herbal infusion to help the meal go down smoothly was just what the doctor ordered.
- The show consisted of nine different dances which smoothly flowed into one another, without ever repeating.
- File the ends slightly so they will overlap smoothly for 1/2 inch.
- The mandibular condyle of the quadrate is much wider than long, and the articular surface is smoothly rounded.
- The guides, which are adjustable, should center the door in the opening and allow just enough clearance for the door to slide smoothly.
- The exhibit inspired him to investigate the relationship between the shapes of wheels and the roads over which they roll smoothly.
- Normally, the ball moves smoothly in its socket on a lining of shock-absorbing articular cartilage.
- It can help in the creation of attractive applications by allowing users to snap photos in rapid succession smoothly.
- Taking the youngster's pass, he stepped inside a defender before smoothly converting off his left foot.
- Written for a popular audience, the smoothly flowing narrative does not document sources and sometimes lapses into romantic and aggrandizing prose.
- He then goes into a song but the performance doesn't go smoothly.
- The synthetic muscles still moved smoothly, and the abstract mirrors of the printed circuits hovered unbroken just under the surface of the flesh.
- Some roads were closed to the public to ensure that VIP vehicles could proceed smoothly to the palace.
- The low pitch setting of the four bladed propeller allowed the engine to accelerate smoothly to 3,000 rotations per minute.
- The result is a forested landscape combined with much bare rock and uncounted smoothly rounded boulders.
- Fortunately, traffic lights had just been installed and so such traffic as there was ran smoothly.
- It also makes roaming between access points work more smoothly.
- It is one of Marley's most endearing numbers, delivered in a smoothly sentimental tone.
- The graphics are bright and colorful and everything moves smoothly.
1.2(without problems)sin problemassin complicacioneseverything went (off) very smoothly — todo salió muy bien
- the business is running very smoothly — el negocio marcha sobre ruedas
- Staff have been trained up and we are hoping everything goes smoothly.
- This people-to-people association allows trade and investment relationships to flow smoothly.
- I was there during the presidential election, which went very smoothly.
- You are now in an ideal position to help things go as smoothly as they ever will.
- It unanimously passed its first reading and is ticking its way smoothly through the select committee process.
- But for democracy to work smoothly voting systems have to be above suspicion.
- Meanwhile, the exhibition otherwise went smoothly.
- He had been told the same about Rangemoor; and that development was now proceeding smoothly without objection.
- Let us hope that all goes smoothly from now on.
- Things, simply put, are not going smoothly.
- The Associated Farmers maintain a smoothly functioning propaganda machine.
- They reform their old band and hit the road but nothing goes smoothly or according to plan.
- The project has not gone as smoothly as hoped with a number of factors impacting on the progress of the project.
- And in fact, things have been going really smoothly here today.
- Julie manages the office and assists Steve and their clients so that the process of building a home runs smoothly.
- In the beehive, the personnel changes have gone very smoothly.
- Prior to the election, the mood between the government and opposition was confrontational, so naturally the legislative process did not proceed smoothly.
- Be aware that this does not guarantee that everything will go smoothly in your home.
- You may want to do some up front work to ensure that the critique goes smoothly.
- With the Federal budget in balance and interest rates at market levels, the dollar would continue to function smoothly as the primary world currency.
1.3(easily)con facilidadcon solturathe words flowed smoothly from her pen — las palabras fluían de su pluma
2derogatory(glibly, suavely)(talk) con mucha labia