In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1contrabandistadrug smuggler — traficante (de drogas)
- They left their countries in search of a better life, paying smugglers hundreds of dollars.
- She could have been a heroin mule or a gun smuggler for all anyone knew.
- The people smugglers are happy to take your money but they cannot deliver - they cannot get you to Australia.
- Her rum and brandy will be contraband bought from sea smugglers.
- Authorities often pursue smugglers ' ships for two days, along the many islands that run from Sakhalin Oblast to Japan.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.