In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tentempié masculinerefrigerio masculine formal(meal/lunch) ligero(lunch/meal) liviano Latin America(meal/lunch) rápidoto have a snack — tomar(se) un tentempié / (formal) un refrigerio
- ideas for quick snacks — ideas para comidas rápidas
- The menu has a wide selection on offer, with everything from children's meals and snacks to comfort food and fresh seafood and game cooked with a contemporary twist.
- Coffee, tea and homemade light snacks will be served.
- Bar snacks are served and there's a restaurant, live music on Fridays and DJs over the weekend.
- The menu had a fair range of options from light snacks to full meals.
- Described as a traditional tearoom serving light lunches and snacks, morning coffee and afternoon teas, it is open daily, except Sunday, until 5pm.
- There is a choice between the Music Room bar, which serves lunches and snacks, or the more formal Garden Room restaurant.
- The airy Winter Garden coffee-shop offers snacks and light meals, and is the ideal rendezvous for planning the day ahead.
- For those who want to make a day of it, a rather attractive tea room provides full meals or light snacks.
- Part of the Austrian way of life, the coffeehouse serves as a meeting place and a source for breakfast or a snack or light lunch.
- Coffee, tea and light snacks will be served, and reservations are not needed.
- In addition to the restaurants, there is ‘Easy Like a Sunday’, a panoramic lounge and bar offering snacks and an alternative light breakfast.
- Many of the guesthouses also provide dinner, and there's a reasonable selection of pubs serving snacks and bar meals.
- The pub will also be able to provide refreshments, such as light snacks, until bar staff stop selling alcohol.
- They don't usually serve bar snacks until lunch time.
- Maggie remembered all those past years from which she had made splendid dinners and light sandwiches for snacks and heaven knows how many cups of tea.
- You can get lighter meals and snacks, as well as afternoon tea, in either the lounge or bar.
- Light snacks will be served and a mineral bar only will be available.
- The Prince is also adept at producing quick, light supper snacks, which he and the Queen often enjoy when they have dismissed the servants for the night.
- The restaurant opens at 8am every day for breakfast and also serves lunch, dinner and bar snacks for late night diners.
- The selection covers everything from protein and vegetable meals to snacks, desserts, fruit and vegetables.
1comer algo ligerocomer algo liviano Latin Americatomar(se) un tentempiétomar(se) un refrigerio formalto snack on sth
- we snacked on apples — nos comimos unas manzanas
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.