1(dog) que muerde(person) irascible(person) irritable(retort) brusco(retort) cortante
- I won't deal with his being grumpy and snappy about them; they're my friends, and while I don't go overboard with them, they do sleep on the bed if they choose.
- The one-liners are snappy, the situations volatile and the comic opportunities richly rewarded.
- Jeffrey was tempted to be snappy, but he knew that anger and irritability only rose from fear, weakness, or fear of weakness, so he held his tongue.
- Dialogue is snappy and modern and peppered with expletives.
- He'd read twice through every book in the house, and he'd become irritable and snappy.
- I'm suddenly nervous and snappy with Dan, who is driving the support van.
- For the most part though, Gilman covers all her bases, writing in snappy, clever prose that keeps the pages turning.
- And the dialogue (almost all of it right off the page) is peppermint-stick snappy.
- I'm not someone who's endlessly patient and wonderful - in fact I'm quite snappy and irritable - and I don't know if I'd like to make myself worse in that respect.
- It should have clear headings, concise paragraphs and snappy sentences.
2informal(brisk, lively)(tune) alegre(pace) ágil(pace) brioso(conversation) animado(conversation) vivaz
- In fact, he's a snappy dresser, with a penchant for Paul Smith suits and shirts, so his slippers would probably be hand-embroidered velvet.
- Close friends insist that the idea that Elspeth has ‘groomed’ her husband is way off the mark - he was, they point out, already a snappy dresser before he met his wife.
- Armed with this research, the high priestesses of style lay down strict guidelines before embarking on the celebrated shopping trip as the journey from fashion disaster to snappy dresser begins.
- He was looking snappy in his cool button-up shirt that he didn't button-up all the way, his trendy denims, and his new white shoes.
- Quick-thinking interplay and a snappy first-time shot from Nick Davies off his back foot halved the gap.
3informal(concise, punchy)(style/phrase) conciso y vigorosoa snappy slogan — un eslogan con gancho informal