In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cañón de nieve artificial masculine
- With 20 chairs, unlimited hiking terrain, and 244 snow cannons, Baqueria Beret is the biggest resort in the mountain chain.
- There are 500 snow cannon, though none was needed during my stay.
- The region has an excellent snow record - in case there isn't much snow on the lower slopes, more than 400 snow cannons can create what is needed.
- It is possible for the region not to get enough natural snow, then they will use snow cannons to produce snow artificially.
- In France, skiers must go as high as possible to get the best conditions but temperatures have allowed snow cannon to top up the lower slopes.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.