In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tirabeque masculinearveja mollar feminineguisante mollar masculine Spainchícharo mollar masculine Mexico
- Cook snow peas, blend and drink as a juice half a cup twice a day.
- On our evening there was quail eggs, capsicum (bell peppers), sweet corn, mixed vegetables, onions, tomatoes, cauliflower and snow peas.
- Add the snow peas, walnuts, bacon and fresh herbs in the bowl, and toss to coat and even out the goodies.
- Madame's had mango, almond, snow peas, prawns and asparagus with a delightful sauce, while my salmon was just simply the best.
- This evening I served the steak with pak choi, oyster mushrooms, snow peas, slow roasted tomatoes, soya and lime vinaigrette and horseradish oil.
- There were also veggies: broccoli, cauliflower, snow peas and plantains, sautéed in ginger.
- To serve, arrange a cod fillet, some artichokes, and snow peas in the center of a plate.
- It was mixed with a medley of veggies: broccoli, cauliflower, snow peas, carrots etc.
- The fish was presented on a large plate with boiled potatoes, asparagus, snow peas and baby carrots.
- Some dishes on the menu change monthly, but standbys include grilled salmon with braised greens, somen noodles, snow peas, sesame and ginger.
- Create themes for your raw veggies such as an Asian mix with snow peas, cucumber slices, shredded carrots, water chestnuts, bean sprouts and bok choy.
- Try any combination of marinated vegetables such as sliced sweet peppers, snow peas, mushrooms, onion, eggplant, fennel, tomatoes and zucchini.
- Consume your favorites, but don't forget less common bodybuilding vegetables such as zucchini, green beans, snow peas, okra, squash and beets.
- This came with snow peas, baby carrots and asparagus.
- The original recipe calls for modest amounts of asparagus, broccoli, green beans, mushrooms, peas, snow peas, tomatoes, and zucchini.
- Our Seafood Pan Roast was a tasty mix of tender wild salmon, plump prawns and savoury scallops and mussels, served in a Cajun tomato sauce, with rice, peppers, onions, snow peas and more.
- That was stir fried with escallion and ginger in sesame seed oil with broccoli, mushrooms, snow peas, carrots and pak choi.
- With wonderful aromas and flavors reminiscent of snow peas, grass, herbs, and green figs, this Sauvignon is as zesty and crisp as a salad itself.
- After 1 minute, add snow peas, bean sprouts, water chestnuts and sliced red capsicum to wok.
- For a welcome grounding among such high-pitched flavors, there's a soft hunk of roasted eggplant, a ribbon of blanched snow pea or julienned carrot, or the watery relief of a mung bean sprout.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.