In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He had a snowblower and would clear snow for other people on our block, but not for us.
- Many people believe that using a snowblower instead of a shovel to clear sidewalks and driveways will decrease their risk of heart attack, but are the machines a good investment?
- Then he removed the snowblower from the lawn mower, attached the mowing deck and mowed the lawn.
- They become unsafe with power tools, lawnmowers, snowblowers, cars, medications, propane tanks, and vulnerable to unscrupulous individuals and scams very early in the disease.
- And that would be the only sound you hear for a while - no trucks or cars or snowblowers, just the crunch, crunch, crunching of snow underfoot and the occasional giggle of a small child who captures a snowflake on his tongue.
- Eventually, other people wake and the magic of the untouched snow is broken by the sounds of snowblowers and tires crunching their way down the street.
- Because unemployment is at an all time low, some folks have landed themselves occupations in which it is safe to say they are less qualified than goldfish running snowblowers.
- I say this because the other day Logan took a spin at shoveling and our neighbor came over and cleared over half our concrete wonderland with his HUGE snowblower.
- At around $100, it's much cheaper than a gas-powered snowblower, and it only weighs 12 pounds.
- I found the snowblowers lined up like an armada of fighter planes.
- Only a Canadian understands how to cash in on oodles of ice and white flakes by designing the world's first snowblower, snowmobile, and Zamboni.
- Some manufacturers also offer electric snowblowers, a much more environmentally friendly choice.
- The roar of snowblowers are now roars of motorcycles.
- Once I got going though, and got accustomed to lowering/raising the snowblower and aiming the blower so all the snow didn't blow back onto me, I did great.
- They could be showing me snowblowers and shovels and we haven't had snow in Austin in 12 years.
- I do hate everyone who has a snowblower, just on general principles.
- It shouldn't be surprising then, that in a world that's gaga for sport utility vehicles, Honda currently sells more different models of snowblowers than it does SUVs (just two).
- A 15-foot-tall industrial snowblower started tossing snow and ice toward a truck.
- Available with huge mowing decks, commercial mowers can turn on a dime, and many can be equipped with enclosed cabs and snowplows or snowblowers for winter use.
- You can remove the tiller and attach a mower, brush cutter or snowblower to this machine.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.