In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- I dumped the snowboard on the snow and gave the little boy a hug.
- In the seconds leading up to the jump, I though that I was going to make it, but as my snowboard quickly got wedged into the snow halfway down the gulley my thoughts changed.
- As for snowboards, they specialize in quality Canadian brands.
- And so five minutes later I walked into that little shop where the hotel rented and sold skis, snowboards, sleds, hot chocolate and all that other winter junk you wouldn't expect at this time of the year.
- A snowboard really shines in these inconsistent conditions.
- Before I knew it we were flying down the mountain, on snowboards.
- You can learn to turn a snowboard in a short time.
- ‘It looks so much easier on a snowboard,’ he complained, half covered in snow after taking a fall to avoid a clump of trees.
- We grabbed the snowboards and took the ski lift up.
- I fell in love with the snow and with my snowboard.
- Once you've selected a character and a snowboard or skis, you'll begin racing.
- There were six of us in two cars full of snowboards, skis, cameras, and bags, and only one hotel room that was about the size of my college dorm room.
- And on a deep powder day, a snowboard can ride on top of the snow instead of sinking into it.
- It boasts a ski rental of over 400 sets of equipment, including snowboards, carving skis, snow blades and even some cross country skis.
- The 1,500-cubic-inch pack will comfortably carry a snowboard or skis - plus 100 ounces of water.
- Kids and parents were taking advantage of the huge snow covered bluff surrounding the park in front of Avalon Heights, flying down it on their sleds, and snowboards for the more experienced.
- You may also rent skis or a snowboard for $34 a day.
- Us girls went to rent some snowboards and took the ski lift up the slope.
- Upon arrival at the destination there will be one set of skis or a snowboard for each team.
- Many adults enjoy the tube park, especially those who are a bit too hesitant to entrust their life to a pair of skinny skis or a single snowboard!
- Staying on your feet in snowboarding actually has very little to do with your legs.
- We met through snowboarding but he's actually a policeman for the other half of the year.
- I fortunately try to go skiing or snowboarding as much as I can, to keep my muscles in tune.
- By this time the rest of the group had picked it up and were off snowboarding.
- In his spare time, he loves snowboarding and skiing in winter and tennis in summer.
- In his spare time he runs triathlons, snowboards, downhill skis - all with a prosthetic.
- It displayed a majestic mountain in background, as a lone figure appeared at the top, and snowboarded down the steeping slopes.
- They snowboarded all over the mountain, using every lift and tow available to them.
- Apart from an attempt at snowboarding, I didn't go into the mountains on that occasion.
- Meanwhile, there is skiing, snowboarding and winter sun to ease winter blues.
- I went snowboarding for the first time a couple of weeks ago.
- For all you that like snowboarding and all of you who don't, this is one awesome game.
- Nearly 8 million people snowboarded at least once in 2002, up from 2.1 million in 1990; 30 percent of all snowboarders in 2002 were female.
- And there are beautiful uncluttered slopes for skiing and snowboarding nearby in the Sierra Nevadas.
- I gave him a quick call and caught up with him before his departure to go snowboarding.
- I skated and snowboarded so much when I was younger.
- If you are still worried about sharks, why not try snowboarding instead?
- For heaven's sake, at that point I had only been snowboarding for a grand total of 10 days.
- He still snowboarded but went to college to become a second grade teacher, he now worked at the elementary school.
- The people snowboarding here have more fun than anywhere else in the world.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.