In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1jabón en polvo masculinemasculine detergente
- Depression can cause incapability of the simplest everyday task, for example to clean the house, do the shopping, making a simple choice like what brand of soap powder to buy, can reduce one to tears.
- They sell it like soap powder on the TV - and you're going to pay the price for that culturally in the long run.
- We need to debate whether education should be something we purchase, like soap powder or a public good, for which we all take responsibility through our governments.
- The multi-purpose Victorian room can be adapted to reflect various daily scenes that are matched to a realistic odour - today's is soap powder.
- We saw a lady this morning walking down the road with a box of soap powder in her hand.
- They have contaminated the message by trying to sell Labour as if it were a brand of soap powder.
- Items of hygiene including toothpaste, toothbrushes, soap, soap powder, toilet rolls, brushes and combs, cotton wool and first aid packs.
- If you have an issue with your soap powder you can't find a live person to talk to at a company.
- It is a short drive from here to the site of the Great Geyser, which first started erupting in the 14th century and finally gave up early last century after years of tourists pouring soap powder in it to make it erupt.
- Voting for one of the main parties is like buying soap powder.
- It removes stains better than any other soap powder.
- Nevertheless, to equate a tour around one of the world's greatest Christian cathedrals with your weekly purchase of soap powder and baked beans is hardly edifying.
- The company realised its immense product range, which embraced teabags to toothpastes and shampoos to soap powders, had to be trimmed.
- If the local shop doesn't have the brand of soap powder you like best, you'll choose another rather than go elsewhere.
- Did that television commercial for your soap powder actually work?
- John took a delight in showing me coloured beads, a packet of soap powder, a paving slab, a battery and a cola can.
- It's similar to an allergic reaction one might have following a change of soap powder.
- Most people, when they consider marketing and the marketing of products, tend to think of fast-moving consumer goods such as soap powder or chocolate bars.
- They would bang on our doors begging for money or soap powder.
- She got soap powder out of a vending machine, dumped it in on top of the clothes and shut the lid.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.