- His on-field partnership with fellow Galway great Frank Stockwell saw the pair earn the sobriquet of the ‘Terrible Twins’ - a name borne of their almost telepathic understanding.
- Early on Sunday morning last, a person who lives at Brampton, near Appleby and who we only know by the sobriquet of ‘Cock Robin’, narrowly escaped being drowned.
- He laughs when asked about his new sobriquet of Britain's richest man.
- Frank, as his sobriquet implies, is a giant of a man.
- John Mullan discusses Charles Edward Stuart's sobriquets, but we should remember that most of his followers in 1745 were Gaelic-speakers.