In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1fútbol masculinefutbol masculine Mexico Central Americasoccer season — temporada de fútbol feminine
- Dimitri wanted nothing to do with hockey or basketball, so he decided on soccer.
- If soccer is not your cup of tea, you can switch to the more genteel game of tennis.
- Now beach soccer, and other sandy versions of team sports are on the rise.
- In other words it is more a middle class sport in Argentina with soccer the working class sport.
- There is simply no argument that at this level of play, soccer is truly the sport of the planet.
- One area that has seen an explosion of interest is women's soccer.
- The team will be playing indoor soccer and the medal presentation will be held afterwards.
- In high school, he played both varsity soccer and tennis and did some running.
- Major team sports include rugby, soccer and cricket for boys and hockey and netball for girls.
- Youngsters learned new experiences such as blind soccer using audible footballs.
- He is a strong advocate of street soccer, the form of football which is played in the HWC.
- They both played soccer and softball, and, as a result, got to spend a lot of time together.
- Outside of his cricket Oscar also did a bit of boxing and played soccer as a left winger in Barbados.
- He slowed down to a walk and saw children playing soccer with a battered ball.
- In fact, I was pretty much terrible at every sport ever invented, except for soccer.
- Away from his day job Frank is involved in youth soccer and is known as a very dedicated fan.
- I had gotten into varsity soccer a few weeks ago, and I was excited to continue practice.
- There is rough play, even dirty play, in football, basketball and soccer, but it is rare.
- With its big wall at one end, it was ideally laid out for a game of soccer, and games went on all day during the summer.
- He loved to play soccer when he was young, but his elementary school did not have a team.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.