In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1socialdemocracia femininedemocracia social feminine
- On yet further occasions, she seems to represent a new intellectual phenomenon: militant social democracy.
- In fact, almost the entire left today believes in highly regulated capitalism, or social democracy.
- Broadbent's lecture began with a nostalgic overview of the formation of the welfare state and modern social democracy.
- These policies have sometimes been described in shorthand as modern capitalism or social democracy.
- In his first Observer article Hattersley complained that meritocracy was incompatible with social democracy.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.