In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in UK)fondo social masculine
- We have no money in the primary care, prescribing, or social fund to pay for this service.
- The government should use the social fund to make loans to families until errors could be corrected, he added.
- Now, the government is introducing health insurance - and part of the social fund buys insurance for farmers.
- Gallagher House Resource Centre are holding their annual ‘Aclare Walk’ to raise funds for their sports and social fund.
- The authors even want a much more generous social fund, that doesn't run out of cash, to give cheap loans to all the low paid so they can escape the loan sharks.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.