In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1viviendas subvencionadas feminine(en España) viviendas de protección oficial feminine(en México, Perú) viviendas de interés social feminine(en Río de la Plata) viviendas económicas feminine
- The land was then sold for £40,000 to Yorkshire Housing for redevelopment as social housing.
- The debate will be on a plan for a new social plan for social housing.
- George wants to stop the sale of council houses and like Oona wants to see more social housing.
- An earlier plan for 14 houses on the site, with no social housing, was rejected by officers using delegated powers.
- Councillors are there to look after the interests of all members of the community and that includes people requiring social housing.
- Its sponsors also promised that the development would include more than 4,000 units of social housing.
- Coun Kunkler said he was pleased to see the inclusion of social housing in the scheme because it was badly needed in the Pewsey area.
- The company had already serviced the city's social housing for a decade before it was transferred to the trust from the city council.
- It is the only such organisation to have responsibility for housing renewal in the private sector, as well as social housing.
- Abbey Meads is one of Swindon's newest areas and consists of many upmarket homes plus social housing.
- Laws passed in 1928 encouraged the construction of social housing and regulated housing estates.
- The building rate of houses for sale in England continues to rise, but social housing is slipping off the graph.
- The local authorities are insisting that up to 50 per cent of the new homes have to be low-cost or social housing.
- The Government wants to bring all social housing into a decent condition by 2010, with most of the work in deprived areas.
- Part of the property could be used for council housing and social housing.
- He said the housing situation was becoming so serious that people from all walks of life now depended on social housing to find decent homes.
- The proposals followed last week's announcement of measures to boost social housing and home ownership.
- Today housing associations are replacing councils as the main provider of social housing.
- In fact social housing and affordable housing are as different as social housing and private home ownership.
- There was supposed to be social housing as part of the Basin development, and it was built and has now been occupied.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.