In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1US(welfare work)asistencia social femininetrabajo social masculine
- Like other groups, too, they turned to pre-existing systems of social service.
- Not many knew about his interest in art, culture and music or social service.
- In fact the YMCA needs the support of one and all to achieve its goals of social service.
- Our reforming party had a proud record of social service and we boasted about it.
- She herself is a retired officer of United India Insurance, but has managed to keep herself busy with social service.
- The major contribution of the Church to Kerala society has been in the areas of education and social service.
- Sometimes I think when you are nurse you perform social service.
- Edward Johns Urwick was a religious fanatic who approached social service as a philosopher.
- Advancing age has not dampened his enthusiasm for social service.
- As a state-owned company, Pelni must fulfill two purposes: social service and business service.
- His association with the Mahatma encouraged him to take up social service.
- That will generate a spirit of social service in their minds.
- We have a very strong tradition of community and social service.
- However, poverty has never deterred him from doing social service.
- For some of the staff at the company, their work is akin to a form of industrial social service.
- Given his quest for excellence and passion for social service, it's not too surprising for all those who knew him.
- This valuable social service receives no state funding and is financed through fund raising.
- The freedom struggle and his zest for social service forced him to plunge into politics at the age of 17.
- This is just one of the programmes initiated for celebrating 25 years of social service at Abhayam.
- Massive lay-offs, tax hikes and cutbacks in every kind of social service are in the offing.
2(in UK)servicio social masculinethe social services — los servicios sociales
- A Good Samaritan cared for the boy for two days until social services took over.
- Council departments, including social services and housing, are also kept up to speed.
- The museums have consistently lost out in council spending to education and social services.
- He wanted to get in touch with social services and find ways of getting state benefits.
- Once she became an addict her daughter Aoife was taken into care by social services.
- It is however a matter for the social services authority whether he needs care and attention.
- Health and social services trusts bear the hallmarks of traditional welfare activity.
- She called on the council's social services department to help out recently when the money ran out.
- A rapid response scheme for acute care at home was put in place jointly by health and social services.
- The children were on the Child Protection Register and were often visited by social services.
- The government is demanding record spending on education and social services.
- One of the primary steps is to create separate departments for housing and social services.
- Some will argue that we should distinguish between health and social services.
- This year about one quarter of the increase in the council tax was to pay for social services improvements.
- He said educational groups and some social services would also be affected by the cuts.
- Without carers, the burden on local health and social services would increase greatly.
- Disabled children have won a High Court battle in the fight to save the social services they receive.
- The county council runs major services like education and social services.
- He said the council would protect vulnerable users of education and social services first.
- Finally, buses are a key part of our transport network - they are not part of the social services.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.