1(ground) tierra feminine(ground) suelo masculine(turf) césped masculine(piece of turf) tepe masculine(piece of turf) champa feminine Andesbeneath the sod — bajo (la) tierra
- Most Greenlandic homes are constructed of stone, sod, or wood.
- Next, he removed the sod and soil and added a thin layer of gravel.
- After removing the sod, till the area and break up the compacted soil.
- The green contours are also lay-of-the-land and the bunkers are hand-dug, some edged by tall layers of stacked sod, others by shaggy tufts of native grass.
- The seeds are also spread by way of composted manure, grass seed, sod, or hay, as well as by deer and other wildlife.
- Gravity, spatial distance, trees across the road and large rocks under the sod all tell me, in effect, that I cannot have what I want, or at least that I cannot have it without struggle or a lapse of time.
- Visitors were also invited to turn a sod of turf.
- I chunked my stuff on the sod and lay down next to it.
- The greens were constructed out of a topsoil mix and they used only four truckloads of sod to lay one strip around all greens and some of the bunkers.
- Remove existing lawn by slicing under the sod with a spade and cutting it into manageable pieces.
- They cut out the portion where the sod would grow and outlined the shape with bender-board.
- A dense sod of the drop-seed grass, Sporobolus flexuosus, characterizes this area.
- Start laying your sod along walkways, sidewalks and driveways near your house.
- If your lawn is bluegrass, if your lawn was started from sod, or if you use chemical fertilizer, you almost certainly have a thick build-up of thatch.
- If you choose to plant your crowns in your lawn, you'll have to remove the sod with a garden shovel.
- Even though it was still only late February some buds were already poking through the brown earth and the lawn looked as if it had just been laid from sod.
- In 1966, Luke used a silver spade to turn the first sod.
- Oliver Clery, turned the first sod for the project on Tuesday of this week.
- Look for 1,480 trees, 87,000 shrubs and sod to cover the equivalent of seven football fields.
- Removing the sod creates a recess in the soil, resulting in poor drainage.
- Without the seasonal harvesting, plowing and planting, a mature sod of grasses and clovers would cover the earth and enable the soil to hold moisture better.
- Rake and mow the lawn if it needs it, and be sure to check for cranefly larvae under the sod if you noticed large mosquito-looking critters randomly flying about last fall.
- Put plastic runners on both sides of the trench to avoid damage to your lawn, one runner for the sod and the other runner for the dirt.
- Then either seed, plant new plugs, or insert a fresh piece of sod cut to fit the damaged area.
- Make sure that the sod you are having installed contains varieties of grass that are indigenous to your region.
- The installation of the ProGrass playing surface begins with the removal of the natural grass and sod on the field.
- This isn't a problem when installing a new green, as the spores can be tilled into the soil prior to seeding or can be applied to the surface before rolling out carpet sod.
- They then patched the back of the green with sod from their on-site nursery.
- Such are the quality of modern day pitches like Hyde Park, a couple of rain-free hours could help turn a water-logged sod into a playable surface.
- You can make an instant lawn of buffalo grass using sod, or for a fraction of the cost and a couple months of establishment time, use seed.
- Despite the horrific rain of the previous two days the Timahoe sod provided a perfect surface which contributed to make this game so enjoyable.
- Painstaking effort goes into matching the seams between the strips of sod and the adjoining turf.
- Willie knows the techniques; how you balance the sod, break the sod and so on.
- For extreme cases you can line the yard with chicken wire and put a layer of sod over that.
- Heavy grazing the previous fall is essential to weaken and open up the sod when tillage or chemical control of the sod are not used.
- Remove dead patches along with 3 to 4 inches of soil underneath; fill the hole with a fresh piece of sod, as shown above, or overseed.
- Cut one or more lengths of sod, as needed, and lay it in place.
- The eggs are laid one or more inches below the soil surface in sod or patches of grassy weeds in cropland areas.
- Isabella felt like a chunk of sod when an earthworm burrows into it.
- Fans are trying to pull down the goal posts or tear a piece of history from the Ohio Stadium sod, and cops are shooting pepper spray at anything that moves.
1(cover with turf)cubrir de césped
- After construction was completed, we installed the remaining plants and sodded the lawn.
- We planted and sodded the lawn and installed an irrigation system throughout.
1(obnoxious person)cabrón masculine vulgar slangcabrona feminine vulgar slanghe's a selfish/stupid sod — es un egoísta/imbécil de mierda vulgar slang
2(fellow)I feel sorry for the poor sod — me da lástima el pobre tipo / el pobre diablo informal
- you lucky sod! — ¡qué suertudo eres!
3(sth difficult, unpleasant)joda feminine Latin America vulgar slangcoñazo masculine Spain vulgar slangthese windows are real sods to clean — estas ventanas son una joda para limpiar vulgar slang
1oh sod it! I forgot to go to the bank! — ¡mierda! / ¡carajo! ¡me olvidé de ir al banco!
- sod them/him! — ¡que se vayan/vaya a la mierda!
- sod this! — ¡a la mierda con esto!